Principal – Derek Milton, M.Sc., B.Sc., Pg. Dip, MCIWM
An experienced environmental and energy professional, Derek is the Principal Consultant and Director at Miltcon Services Ltd.
Over his 15 year career to date, Derek has project managed a wide variety of compliance and regulatory focused projects in the environmental, waste and energy sectors. He has developed significant degree of experience and knowledge in the areas of, inter alia, environmental legislation, planning legislation, waste & resource management, eco-design, energy labelling, renewable energy, life cycle assessment, environmental risk assessment, project management, resource scheduling, financial planning and budgetary control.
A qualified Project Manager, Derek is skilled in both internal and external stakeholder engagement, regulator interaction and is an experienced team leader. In delivering projects, he focuses on the attainment of organisational goals through defined project management structures and he excels when confronted with new and challenging issues.
His selected professional experience examples include:
- Regulatory application approvals – preparation of numerous planning (local authority & ABP), EPA licence and local authority permit applications
- Environmental Impact Assessment – project management of environmental impact statement (EIS) preparation for various infrastructure developments
- Procurement – development of tender documentation, assessment of tender submissions & reporting on tenders for various infrastructure and concession contracts for local authorities
- Environmental & Energy related Inspection Campaigns
- Market Surveillance for the Ecodesign, Energy and Tyre Labelling Regulations
- Life Cycle Assessment Modelling
- Biomass Emissions Study (http://www.irbea.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/IrBEA-BiomassEmissionsReportAndAppendices.pdf)
- Development of National Draft Digestate Standard (http://www.biofertiliser.org.uk/images/upload/news_34_Draft-EIRE-digestate-standard.pdf)
- Environmental Management System development
- Environmental Liabilities Risk Assessment
- Closure, Restoration & Aftercare Management Planning
Compliance Officer – Damien Lee, M.Sc., B.Sc.
As the newest member of the Miltcon Services Ltd. team, Damien’s role is as Compliance Officer, as well as being our ‘tech whizz’. He has a Master’s degree in Evolutionary Biology (University College Dublin), and an Honours Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science (Trinity College Dublin).
Damien has received a broad but comprehensive education in the environmental sector and his primary skills consist of research, report writing, and project management, with his main knowledge areas consisting of ecology, evolution, environmental change, EIA and water/wastewater quality and treatment.
During his time at Miltcon Services Ltd. to date, he has gained knowledge and experience in market surveillance, environmental and planning legislation and waste management related projects, while also up-skilling his GIS abilities.
Having worked in a number of temporary contract roles while travelling overseas, Damien has worked across a wide variety of organisations, allowing him to become highly versatile and adaptable, as well as refine his communication, organisational and relationship building skills. He values the development of working relationships with key stakeholders and an inter-disciplinary approach to work.
Damien is currently in the process of completing the Project Management Institute’s Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) qualification.