At Miltcon Services Ltd., we wish to be fully transparent about how we process third party data and demonstrate that we are committed to respecting and protecting third party privacy, in accordance with our responsibilities under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our business activities sometimes require us to process personal data in order to carry out certain tasks. In such cases, processing of personal data can be justified on grounds of legitimate interest. When contacting Miltcon Services Ltd. (or any Miltcon Services Ltd. personnel), a third-party volunteers information such as their name and contact details (email or phone number). We use these details to assess the query and may use these to contact the third party for further information or answer the query. Emails sent to our offices are covered by our emails retention policy.
Miltcon Services Ltd. is wholly committed to ensuring that the information shared with us is appropriate for use in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and does not constitute an invasion of privacy. We will endeavour to keep third party information accurate and up-to-date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Miltcon Services Ltd. has a designated Data Protection Officer, who ensures we meet our GDPR requirements. The Data Protection Officer can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to provide our services, and in accordance with the requirements of GDPR, Miltcon Services Ltd. collects data for the following reasons:
- Personal details such as name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number and other contact information
- Payment details to maintain records
- To provide client support, to respond to and communicate with third parties about their requirements
- To contact third parties if we need to obtain or provide additional information
- To check our records are correct
- To comply with any request from a third party
- To send communications to a third party about using our services
- To let third parties post on our blogs and interact with us through social media
Who do we sharing data with?
Miltcon Services Ltd. may share third party personal data with other service providers contracted to Miltcon Services Ltd i.e. sub-contractors. Any other service providers with whom we may share third party data with are obliged to keep these details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on behalf of that third party. When they no longer need this data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of data in-line with Miltcon Services Ltd. procedures or their own internal data disposal procedures.
If we wish to share any sensitive third party data with other service providers, we will only do so once we have obtained explicit consent from that third party (unless legally required to do otherwise). If we transfer personal data to other service providers or outside the EU, Miltcon Services Ltd. will ensure the recipient has appropriate data safeguards in place, and on condition that all data protection rights are upheld.
Data Subject Rights
Miltcon Services Ltd. facilitates all rights to request access to third party data, in line with our policy and the data subject access request procedure. At any point while we are in possession of third-party personal data, the third-party data subject has the following rights to;
- Request information about whether we hold that personal information and what that information is and justification as to why we are holding/using it
- Request access to their data. This enables them to receive a copy of the personal information we hold
- Request correction of personal information that we hold about them. This enables them to correct any inaccurate or incomplete data we hold
- Request erasure of their data. This enables them to ask us to delete or remove data where there is no reasonable explanation for us to continue to hold it. They also have the right to ask us to delete or remove their data where they have exercised their right to object to processing
- Request restriction of processing of their personal information. This enables them to ask us to suspend the processing of data about them
- Request a transfer of their data in an electronic and structured form to them or any other third party
- Withdraw consent – in the limited circumstances where they may have provided their consent to the collection, processing and transfer of their data for a specific purpose, they have the right to withdraw their consent for that specific processing at any time
- Right to judicial review – in the event that Miltcon Services Ltd. refuses a request under rights of access, we will provide them with a reason as to why
Retention of your personal data – data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Miltcon Services Ltd. will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule.
Amendments of this Data Protection Statement
This Data Protection Statement shall be issued to all staff and displayed within the organisation. Where changes to the Data Protection Statement are made, these changes to this Statement will be posted on the website and will be effective when posted, and an amended copy shall be issued to staff. This Data Protection Statement shall be reviewed annually by management and updated as required.
If any third party would like to make a complaint about how their data is being processed by Miltcon Services Ltd., or how a complaint has been handled, they have the right to lodge a complaint by email to email@example.com or in writing directly to:
Data Protection Officer
Miltcon Services Ltd.
Republic of Ireland